nsftools blog | comments

[1] Josef @ 01:50PM | 2005-08-11

Hello,

sorry for actually reposting from your Notes on Ubuntu article, but..
Have you been able to index a database locally? Every time I try it gives me index corruption...

[2] Julian Robichaux @ 07:31AM | 2005-08-12

Josef -

No problem. Still Linux related, right?

I haven't tried recently. I assume you mean a full-text index. Is it an index that already exists that you're trying to refresh? If so, did you copy it over from the Windows installation? Or are you trying to create a brand new index on a database that's never had one?

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you want to discuss offline.

- Julian

[3] Josef @ 02:48PM | 2005-08-12

Well, it was a brand new index on a database copied from the Win partition. Actually, this was a developer or admin help database, I think.
It's on Mandriva LE2005 with a pretty new Wine from WineHQ (some 3 weeks old) which does not have that 100% CPU bug.

[4] Chris Whisonant @ 08:01PM | 2005-08-12

Just joined the Bloggers team too...

[5] Julian Robichaux @ 05:45PM | 2005-08-13

Chris -

I just saw your initial stats on the grid report. Man, that's some kind of beefy machine you must be running!

- Julian

[6] Julian Robichaux @ 06:21PM | 2005-08-13

Josef -

I just tried to full-text index my Admin Help database, and got an error too. The terminal window was showing:

fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
08/13/2005 09:34:34 AM Full Text message: Index file integrity has been lost. errcode = 512
08/13/2005 09:34:34 AM Error full text indexing document NT00002B0A C:\lotus\notes6\data\Help\help65_admin.ft (rc=3879) Full text index Corrupt, Try to Delete and Re-add Index

I'll try to look that up later. If I find anything, I'll let you (and everyone else) know. It may be a file locking thing?

- Julian